Frequently Asked Questions
Got questions? We have you covered.
How fast will my transfer be?
Our transfer portal will maximize the bandwidth of your internet connection as much as possible. We've tested a range of connections from 4G & 5G cell connections up to multi-gigabit connections - each transfer tends to maximize the available throughput of the connection.
Is there a file size limit to my upload?
Yes, but its very large. Any single upload can be up to 10TB in size.
Can I upload multiple files or a folder of files?
Yes, you can upload up to 10 files simultaneously. If you have a folder with a lot of files in it (such as a media-managed folder of media) please zip that folder first on your local system and then upload the zip.
I don't see a way to create an account, how do I login?
There is no user registration available. Someone from the DC Color team will create a user account for you. Once created you'll receive an email with your login credentials.
Can I change my password?
Yes. After logging in, click the profile icon in the upper right-hand corner and choose the option to change your password. We suggest a strong password of at least 10 characters that uses a combination of lower and upper case letters, numbers, and symbols. We can reset your password for you but we can not recover current in-use passwords. Please consider using a password manager like 1 Password or similar apps.
Can I update my user profile?
Sure. Once you're logged in visit the profile icon in the upper right-hand corner and choose my profile. This will bring you to a page where you can update your profile including your profile image, name, company, etc. You can also use this page to update your password and enable 2-factor authentication (2FA)
How do I upload a file(s)?
Uploading files is easy:
- Login to your account
- In the left-hand side navigation options choose transfer file
- You can either drag files to the box in the interface that says 'Drag & Drop Files' or click the browse text in red to locate files on your computer. (please note you can upload a maximum of 10 files at a time with a file limit of 10TB total per upload).
- Please leave the transfer type, private link, and password protection options to their default settings.
- Click transfer once you've added files.
- While the transfer is in progress you will see a progress bar showing the status of your upload
- When the upload is complete a window will appear with a direct link to your upload, you can send this to us or ignore it.
Transfers that you've previously made will appear in your transfer list.
What do I do if I'm having trouble or I have a question?
Please get in touch! You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or if you're logged in, click the Support Requests option from the left-hand navigation and then click new support request. Complete and submit the form.